The Naphtha Hydrotreater Reformer Expansion Project for ENOC (Emirates National Oil Company) in Jebel Ali was designed to upgrade naphtha to a sweet petrochemical naphtha and a 102 RON Reformate.
The expansion included a new 70,000 bpsd LPG/Naphtha Hydrotreater, a 36,000 bpsd CCR Reformer, LPG fractionation plant, product treating and sulphur management. Additional utilities and offsite facilities were also required to support this upgrade. Foster Wheeler Energy Limited was appointed as EPC contractor for the project.
Kentech acted as the primary electrical, instrument and telecommunications (EI&T) service provider:
- Power management and load shedding systems
- Re-routing of the main site DUGAS supply
- Power and control cabling installation and termination
- Motors / heaters / MOV’s / 125DC power supplies / 110V AC UPS
- Lighting distribution, normal and emergency lighting,
- Aircraft warning lighting
- Earthing, bonding, lightning protection and electrical heat tracing
Instrumentation & Controls
- Distributed control systems (DCS)
- Programmable emergency shutdown systems
- Fire and gas detection systems
- Machinery monitoring systems
- Compressor control systems
- Package instrumentation
- Package control systems cabinets,
- Analyser systems,
- Field instrumentation
- Control and relief valves
- Mechanical / electrical QA/QC completion testing.
The project was successfully completed with over 1,800,000 man-hours expended without a lost time incident. Kentech also performed a wider completions and commissioning role directly on behalf of ENOC.