The Tengiz field was discovered in 1979 and in 1993 TCO acquired this field. With high quality, recoverable oil reserves of over 6 billion barrels and 18 BCM of gas, Tengiz is one of the largest fields in the world.
The remote location of the field and the harsh climatic conditions and limited infrastructure, our local experience has been a critical element to our success on this project.
Kentech has been involved in a number of projects at Tengiz since 2003, these projects include:
- Procurement and construction of key mechanical/ HVAC aspects at the SGI (Sour Gas Injection) facility.
- Establishment of a Kazakh certified instrumentation calibration laboratory, and electrical and instrumentation services for East and West Tengiz and the Korlev field.
- Provision of electrical services throughout the facility.
In 2008 we undertook the following projects directly for TCO:
- Electrical and instrumentation installation on the Crude Tank Farm
- Electrical and instrumentation installation for the Gas Utilisation Project firstly on the Vent Gas Recovery (first stage) and the Unit 800 (second stage)
At the beginning of 2010, we were awarded a shutdown contract by TCO on the SGI and SGP.
In 2012 we provided them with commissioning and start-up support services on the Sulphur Expansion Project.
We completed turnaround works on the SGP Plant in 2016, and on the Crude Stabilization Facility (KTL Plant) in 2017 and 2018.
We also executed the E&I scope of works on the Water Handling Upgrade Project at Tengiz in 2014-2016, as well as providing additional commissioning and start-up services.
In the next phase of development at the Tengiz plant, the Future Growth Project, is already seeing the Kentech/TCO relationship grow.
Kentech have been awarded three separate 5 year Master Services Agreement (MSA) to support TCO with their growth plans. The first MSA is to assist the Future Engineering Group (FE), the second is for Major Capital Projects (MCP) and the third is to support Production Operations (PO) which as at February 2020 has seen the team deliver over 387,000 manhours, 1.7 million manhours and 1.01 million manhours respectively.
We have also been awarded the commissioning scope of works on the 3GI plant as well as executed E&I construction scopes on Stage 2 Power & Lighting and 110KV substations on both 3GP & 3GI.