Kentech Kuwait was awarded a contract by Fisia Italimpianti to provide electrical and instrumentation services on the Ministry of Electricity and Water (MEW) Shuaiba North Power and Desalination Plant.
This major investment, involving a capital expenditure of over $1.2 billion, involves the construction of an 828 MW gas fired combined cycle power plant and a 45 million gallon/day multi stage flash (MSF) desalination plant with related facilities. The project was executed on an EPC Lump Sum Turnkey basis by the Japanese company Mitsui & Co. with Fisia Italimpanti acting as the EPC sub contractor for the Desalination Plant, which formed the key component of Kentech’s scope of works.
Our scope of works included the procurement of bulk materials, site engineering, installation and testing of:
- Electrical equipment including 132 KV/11KV transformers, switchgears, cable trays, conduits, cables etc.
- Field instrumentation equipment both for local measurements and DCS, open loop and closed loop control systems, cable trays, conduits, instrument racks, supports and accessories, local control panels, DCS cabinets and equipment, equipment protection sunshades.
- Water control desk hardware in general plant CCR, complete with DCS operator stations, monitors, printers, RTUs and accessories.
- Instrument panels, instrument racks, posts and weather protection equipment
- Supply of personnel for erection and assistance for testing on erection completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Completion of all of as built documents and drawings.
- Material management systems and warehousing.
- All necessary scaffolding, lifting system, special equipment and tools.