Kentech Mexico began working on the Minatitlan Refinery Reconfiguration Project Packet IV by providing electrical construction works. Packet IV comprised of 3 process plants – HDS, Sulphur Recovery and Hydrogen.
Our scope of works for the electrical package consisted of:
- Electrical installation of the substation: MV/LV switchgear, transformers, battery banks, neutral resistances, inverters, capacitor banks installation, autotransformers and tests.
- Power distribution: Conduit installation, cable tray, cabling, connection and tests.
- Lighting distribution: Installation of distribution boards and lighting fittings, cabling, connection and test.
- Earthing system, lightning protection system.
We were also awarded the instrumentation and controls works package. The scope of works for this package included:-
- Calibration, installation and loop tests of instruments, equipments and valves, including the establishment of a calibration laboratory on site.
- Installation of cable ways (cable trays) and conduit, including supply and fabrication of supports.
- Laydown and connection of control and fibre optic cable including laydown, combing, arrangement and identification of cable in trays, false floors and conduit.
Some 3 years after initial mobilisation, we demobilised from the project having expended in excess of 1.8 million manhours.
In addition to the contracted electrical and instrumentation works, we also supplied staff to support the commissioning / start up phase.