The Clean Fuels Project delivers an expansion and upgrade to the Mina Abdullah and Mina Al-Ahmadi Refineries creating an integrated refining complex with a total capacity of 800,000 bpd.
Not only does this project deliver advanced conversion capabilities, upgraded MAA and MAB operational excellence, reliability and safety performance. Energy efficiency and environment protection will also be greatly enhanced. Its clean products will conform to Euro-4 specifications and reduce KNPC‘s environmental impact greatly.
The project Internal Rate of Return (IRR) is expected to be 11.5%, which is considered a high return for a project of such volume. Instead of selling crude oil directly to the market, the project will add value to Kuwait natural resources and increase the country’s share in the international arena.
Environmental impact will be greatly reduced with much less content of SOx, NOx and other pollutants. For example, sulfur content in gasoline will be cut down from 500 ppm to just 10 ppm, and in gasoil from 5,000 ppm to 10 ppm.
Our team in Kuwait was awarded the complete Electrical & Instrumentation package in Area 2 of the Clean Fuels Project (CFP) in February 2015. The CFP is located in the KNPC Mina Al Abdullah Refinery (MAB) where we have a history of executing works over previous years. The EPC Main contractor was Fluor/Daewoo/HHI JV (FDHJV) who awarded us this significant package following our successful execution of works on the CCR Relocation Project on the same site for the same client.
Our scope covered the E&I works in Area 2 including the installation and testing of electrical equipment in unit substations, bus ducts, cable installations, lighting and small power, complete earthing works, field electrical works, field instruments, analyzers, junction boxes, ICSS and EICS cabinets, cathodic protection as well as minor civil and preservation works. We also provided assistance during the commissioning phase.
The successful completion of this project is a testimony of our unwavering commitment to safety and quality that is well recognised by our clients worldwide.
Project HSE Accolades
- Overall Best Safety Performance on KNPC CFP MAB2 Project FROM FDH JV (MAR 2019)
- Gold Award for ASSP GCC Kuwait Chapter HSE Excellence Award in the category of oil and gas (Mar 2019)
- Gold Award for ASSP GCC Kuwait Chapter HSE Excellence Award in the category of risk assessment (Mar 2019)
- Gold Award for ASSP GCC Kuwait Chapter HSE Excellence Award in the category of HSE initiative (Mar 2019)
- Certificate of Appreciation for HSE Performance and Creativity shown for HSE Initiatives (Dec 2018)
- ASSE GCC HSE Excellence Gold Award (Mar 2018)
- Contractor of the Month from FDH JV (Nov 2017)
- Contractor of the Month from Daewoo E&C (Ovt 2017)
- HSE Performance Award for “Best Heat Stress Shelter”
- Safety recognition for 20, 40, 70 million manhours contribution
- Contrator of the Month from FDH-JV (Oct 2016)
- Certificate of HSE Compliance from KNPC
- Certificate of recognition for Employees Welfare, Kitchen Sanitation and Accommodation Facilities