Bristol-Myers Squibb started the construction of a new bulk manufacturing facility in Mulhuddard, Dublin. Kentech played a key role in the construction of the first 3 phases of this $300 million multipurpose pharmaceutical plant on a greenfield site at Cruiserath Road, Mulhuddard in Dublin. We were awarded the contract to carry out the procurement, installation and testing of the HVAC, electrical and instrumentation systems in May 2000. The HVAC contract included the 120,000 manhour installation that was completed on schedule.
The work-scope for the HVAC included the following:
- Development of and co-ordination of all the ductwork fabrication and installation drawings
- Fabrication and installation of all of the ductwork
- Procurement and installation of all ductwork ancillary items
- Installation of all free issue air handling equipment
- Provision and installation of a complete building management system
- Installation of all ductwork insulation
- Testing, commissioning and handover of all air and water systems
In addition, we provided 450,000 manhours of electrical and instrumentation services for this greenfield pharmaceutical plant and completed the following system installations and commissioning:
- Temporary site power and lighting installation
- All MV equipment and all ring main MV cabling
- All cable containment
- Fire alarm, lightning protection and general power systems.