Located within the AHMSA (Altas Hornos de Mexico) Steel Fabrication Plant, Air Liquide were contracted to build a 1,783 ton-a-day Air Separation Unit (Oxygen Plant). The unit was used to support the new plants being constructed by AHMSA within their existing facility.
Kentech Mexico were awarded the AHMSA Air Separation Unit Project in Monclova, Mexico by Air Liquide. The project comprises the full construction scope of works including Civil, Mechanical, Piping, Tanks, Electrical and Instrumentation associated with the build of a complete Oxygen Plant.
The project site is located within the AHMSA (Altas Hornos de Mexico) Steel Fabrication Plant, and Air Liquide have been contracted to build a 1,783 ton-a-day Air Separation Unit (Oxygen Plant). The end product will be used to support the new plants that are currently being constructed by AHMSA within their existing facility.
Our scope of works included the bulk procurement, construction, testing for foundations, structural steel, piping, tanks, electrical, instrumentation and controls and testing, including:-
- Foundations – Excavation, rebar, forming and placement, form work and concrete pouring.
- Structural Steel – Procurement, fabrication and installation.
- Piping – Procurement, fabrication and installation of large and small bore carbon steel and stainless steel piping and testing.
- Tanks – Construction and testing of 3 double walled cryogenic tanks.
- Electrical – Complete electrical installation including design and procurement of earthing, lighting, cabling systems.
- Instrumentation and Controls – Complete instrumentation and controls installation and pre-commissioning.
- Testing – Radiography, oxygen cleaning, pressure testing etc.
This project demonstrates our ability to undertake large scale multi-discipline construction projects.