Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Opportunity
Kent have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Telecommunications Technician to be part of a team delivering a range of services to various Oil & Gas clients within the resources sector.
This role is centered on brownfield project delivery including high level design, project coordination and hands on involvement in implementation. This is an opportunity for a Technician with solid maintenance and installation experience to branch into design and project work.
Ultimately it’s about working as part of a team responsible for keeping all applicable communications and electronic systems working effectively and efficiently.
This position is based in Perth working 40-45 hours per 5 day week. Site travel will be required on occasion to oversee projects and occasional maintenance backfill. Relocation allowance will be offered to the preferred candidate
- Working as part of a small team to deliver brownfield projects, interpreting customer requirements and implement changes requests
- Factory Acceptance Testing, installation and system commissioning
- Design and project coordination for system upgrades, modifications and new system installations
- Provide occasional backfill for site-based maintenance personnel
- Reading, interpreting and maintaining integrity of drawings and documents
Education and Skills
- Cert IV in Communications, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with design and installation of O&G specific minor brownfields projects including permitting, change management, documentation, and updating drawings
- Experience in supporting at least two of the below systems would be advantageous:
- Radio UHF (Tetra), VHF, Microwave
- Radar, AIS, Satellite
- Access Control
- Registered ACMA Cabling license required, MSIC, EEHA and HUET an advantage
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Minimum 6 years maintenance experience on diverse RF and Electronic Systems
- Experience working in an operational O&G environment
- Restricted Electrical License
Kent | the energy within
We fuse our heritage and future, people and natural resources, trades and high-end engineering, problem solving and grit, to create a new energy in the sector. Large enough to offer every skill and capability. Small enough to be agile and make decisions on the ground, right where they’re needed. That helps us put our clients at the top of their game. And puts us at the top of ours.
We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. We want people that want to make a difference. People who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. People who want to grow and develop as we work together on world stage projects. We believe that as an energised collective we can achieve so much more than we can individually.
We foster an environment where you are challenged professionally and empowered to take the lead on your career development. We’re committed to making sure that every single person uses their time with us to gain valuable experience and skills for their future.