Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
Kent is recruiting a Senior Process Engineer on a contract basis (for 6 months, but likely to convert to a permanent position depending on the performance during the contract period and the project availability) based in Mumbai, India. You will be responsible for leading medium sized FEED and Detailed engineering projects involving process discipline efforts.
Job Description – Senior Process Engineer
- Prepare / Review Process design basis for the project inline with Client and project requirements.
- Review all process discipline design deliverables such as Process datasheets, design criteria, specifications, design calculations, etc prepared by the process engineers in the team.
- Lead / participate in the Process discipline efforts in project design reviews
- Lead / participate in the Process discipline efforts in Hazop studies
- Participate in SIL review to give required process inputs
- Attend and proactively lead / discuss the process discipline queries with the Client during weekly meetings with Client as required
- Perform inter-discipline squad checks for other discipline key deliverables, drawings, etc.
- Shall have effective interaction with other disciplines to get project issues resolved in a timely manner
- Attend 3D model reviews as per project schedule
- Provide process inputs to other disciplines like mechanical, piping, instrumentation, civil, etc.
- Review vendor documents and quotations for compliance with project requirements, and raise Technical queries as needed.
- Review technical reports as submitted by any third party agency for process activities outsourced if any.
- Identify skill gaps in the project team if any and have a mitigation plan for the same in discussion with the Discipline Manager
- Shop inspections for FAT/SAT if required
- Site surveys and adequacy checks if required.
- Attend risk management meetings, value addition meetings, and other safety related meetings as required
- Site pre-commissioning activities and engineering support as required as per project scope of work.
- Work out the MFL for the project as per the project schedule and inform Discipline Manager well in advance if any additional resource requirements.
Knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Candidates having 10 to 14 years’ experience in Engineering office of Reputed Consulting Engineering Companies preferably in the field of Refinery, Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals will be preferred.
- Aspen Hysis suite
- Steady state/Transient hydraulics like AFT Fathom, Arrow, KORF, Pipenet, Pipephase.
- Microsoft Office Suite
Bachelor or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering
- Refinery experience will be preferred OR Oil and gas experience needed
- Experience in FEED and detailed engineering of projects handling refinery and/or petrochemical products, storage tank farms, storage, and transportation of petroleum products (liquid/gas) via pipelines, road loading gantries, etc.
- Must have worked on projects involving various refinery units, oil and gas well heads, separation stations, utilities and offsite facilities including storage tanks, spheres, bullets, and utility packages required for refinery, oil & gas and petrochemical plants
- Must have knowledge of International Codes & Standards and Best Engineering Practices that apply to Process
- Quality management system and procedures
- Should know Project management and control procedures
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Process workflow and interdisciplinary co-ordination with other disciplines
- Should have worked upon and handled major Process Deliverables like PFD, H&MB, P&IDs, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Alarm lists, etc.
- Project Risk Assessment
- Adherence to HSE norms
- Proficiency in understanding of Process design aspects
- Teamwork, Coordination, Planning and Organizing, manpower management
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Client Focus
- Decision Making in own work area
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Presentation and business communication skill
- Identify/report technical concerns and solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Communicate effectively with the team and with the projects team.
- Attend project and team meeting
Details about the role:
Relocation required: Not Applicable
Travel required: At times for job requirements like Hazop attendance or critical client meetings at various other Kent offices across the globe. Also, may involve deputation to other Kent offices / Client offices on a short term or long-term basis
Contract type: 6 months Contract
Experience level: 10-14 years