Kent is recruiting a Senior Engineer – I&C with experience in Engineering office of Reputed Consulting Engineering Companies preferably in the field of Refinery, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Fertilizers, Oil & Gas will be preferred. Candidates must have 10 – 15 years of basic and detail engineering experience in Upstream Oil & Gas, Refinery, & Petrochemical industry.
- Preparation and review of all discipline engineering and design deliverables including drawings, instrument index, specifications, datasheets and BOM.
- Detail engineering of field instrumentation ( flow, level, pressure, temperature, analyzers), valves ( control, on-off, shutdown, motorized ) and gas chromatograph system
- Complete or review calculations for: control valves, PSVs, flow meters and thermo wells.
- Control system (BPCS, ESD, F&G etc) design, procurement and implementation
- Provide input to and review Instrument installation and location deliverables
- Review vendor documents and quotations for compliance with project requirements.
- Requisitions for quotation and for purchase
- Assist with cost/manpower estimates and bid evaluations
- Perform inter-discipline squad checks (esp. piping, model, mechanical equipment and buildings)
- Enter/review instrument database content per P&IDs
- Shop inspections
- Process Control System FAT/SAT
- Assist the project automation lead as required with management tasks and project control functions, planning and scheduling.
- Site pre-commissioning activities
Knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Qualification/ Certification: Bachelor or Master degree in Instrument
- Skills Requirement:International Codes & Standards and Best Engineering Practices that apply to Automation.
- Basic awareness of quality management system and procedures
- General understanding of project management and control procedures
- Automation work flow
- Project Automation Deliverables
- Understanding of P&IDs and Process Control
- Software ToolsSmart plant Instrumentation
- 3D model review
- Instrucalc, flowel or any other instrument sizing software
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CommunicationEffective verbal and written communication
- Identify/report technical concerns and provide solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Core CompetenciesFlexibility / Adaptability
- Client Focus
- Teamwork, Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making in own work area
- Problem analysis and resolution
Details about the role:
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 11 -14 years