- Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
- The provision of engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee Inspection & Quality Assurance initiatives for Power Systems and HV Electrical troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- The provision of engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate documentation for plant’s Power Systems and HV electrical equipment and validate single line electrical drawings for the plant’s electrical distribution systems. Monitor quality assurance initiatives.
- The provision of engineering in performing electrical system studies including short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, arc flash, etc., and establish appropriate protective device settings.
- The provision of engineering guidance to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- The provision of engineering input for development and maintenance of Electrical systems & equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- The provision of engineering specifications, evaluate quotations, perform technical bid evaluations & vendor document review, and validate factory acceptance testing related to the procurement of Electrical equipment and system components.
- Ensure compliance with all Critical Safety Circuits (CSS), Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) implementation and revalidation programs.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive risk-based inspection and calibration program for all Electrical systems & equipment.
- Establish & maintain a relationship with the local inspection bureau, maintain relevant statutory, regulatory, technology standards, and code information consistent with JIGPC plant operational objectives and local regulations.
- Utilize predictive and other non-destructive inspection & test methodologies to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Employ appropriate project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for Power Management and HV Department & Equipment maintenance, repair, and major turn-around activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with regional pressure system equipment suppliers
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our pressure systems.
- Electrical Engineering graduate (BSEE preferred) with >15 years of relevant owners engineering experience in Power Management Systems, High Voltage Equipment and the high-level design and scoping of HV electrical and Power Management systems pertaining to Power Plants.
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience performing detailed power system engineering studies including, Power System Automation, Power management systems, short circuit, load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination, grid synchronization, islanding, arc flash, etc., and establish appropriate protective device settings.
- Knowledge & understanding with the principles of: Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Safety instrumented Function (SIF), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices
- Experience in leading and guiding technical employees needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix organizations, across functional and reporting relationships and a strong grasp of other key disciplines.
- Fluent oral English and excellent written English, knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty:
Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes, identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team:
Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work (Includes Time Management):
Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.