We are currently looking for I&C Commissioning Lead for a 6 month project. The job holder directs and supervises the I&C commissioning technicians in assigned plant areas ensuring full alignment and coordination with other discipline activities in the area. Communicates with the I&C Senior Commissioning Engineer for technical support.
Role and Responsibilities
- Fully integrated with CMT, PMT and operations through all phases of the project to initial plant operation, ensuring a seamless handover to Operations and acceptance of the facilities.
- Assigns daily work duties to technicians and reports on completion of tasks.
- Responsible for updating of ongoing commissioning trackers.
- Instructs, supervises and provides first line technical direction to technician teams, vendors and specialist subcontractors/third party personnel in the area to deliver to Pre & Dynamic Commissioning targets.
- Supports the I&C senior commissioning engineer.
- Plan and prepare for the execution of future work fronts, including preparation of work-packs, procedures, PTW, etc.
- Accountable for maintaining and completion of work packs such as loop folders and electrical work packs as per commissioning schedule priorities.
- Work a detailed Work plan (as directed by I&C Senior Commissioning Engineer) including job packs, materials, tools plant and equipment on a four week look ahead basis.
- Assisting I&C Senior Commissioning Engineer in work planning, resource planning and forecasting, including Level 5 planning development and support.
- Will access the Systems Completion Database generate work scope, create reports and manage punch items.
- Steward and create RFI’s to EPC’s based on technician field questions.
- Collate and steward field copies of test documentation, records, red lines and related Commissioning and feed completed documents to I&C senior commissioning engineer and TO/HO team.
- Oversee technicians in the execution of commissioning (Pre & Dynamic) Procedures.
- Accountable for developing the project discipline strategy and approving associated discipline procedures.
- Reporting to I&C Senior Commissioning Engineer on discipline commissioning resource needs, tools, test equipment, plant, spares etc.
- Ensure required competencies and work standards are maintained in the team and any deficiencies or short are addressed.
- Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with Company procedures.
- Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
- Assurance of required permitting, isolations, zero energy states and full compliance with CSU and Area Prime Safe Working practices, methods and processes including JSA’s / FLRA’s / Toolbox talks etc.
- Technician certified, with preferably college technical diploma and 6+ years of relevant and transferable Project/Engineering/Commissioning experience.
- Established track record in supervision of teams of up to 12 technicians through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Proven strong technical skills in discipline subject matter.
- Good working knowledge of plant ICSS (Honeywell, Yokagawa) systems.
- Good working knowledge of E-house commissioning inclusive of transformers, MCC, switchgear and UPS commissioning.
- Good working knowledge of loop checking, interlock testing, logic testing and C&E testing.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
- Exposure to Major oil company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations of a major oil company.
- Preferably experience working overseas in multicultural team.