· Manage and implement the project HSE strategy, HSE management plan, and management system for the project which aligns with the client and corporate HSE expectations and performance requirements.
· Manage and implement methods to provide demonstrable assurance to the Project Manager that:
o Project development is in compliance with mandatory company HSE requirements and RoK regulations.
o HSE risks and hazards are identified, measures are implemented to mitigate them where possible and are demonstrated to be ALARP
o Project's performance is both controlled and improved in line with identified and agreed project HSE targets.
· Ensure the implementation of specific HSE training programmes in line with the project training and competency matrix.
· Establish an effective working relationship with the relevant Regulatory Authorities that complies with the requirements for communicating with external stakeholders;
· Manage Project HSE Reviews in line with the Project Delivery System governance process
· Manage external specialist HSE resources/subcontractors according to the project deliverables
· Manage & support the development of the project HSE culture based on proactive leadership and personal commitment to "IIF" and Project HSE Principles
· Ensure that technical authorship skills are used to produce and implement project related information,
· Ensure project induction programmes are implemented for project personnel and for visitors.
· Support incident investigations for project related incidents and participate in appropriate root cause analysis.
· Review and oversee the development of Client / Contractor Company interfacing requirements including emergency response systems and planned emergency drills and exercises.
· Evaluate contractual requirements and co-ordinate the interactions with subcontract companies with respect to the alignment of HSE systems, targets, performance and expectations.
· Support the efforts of Project subcontracting organisations to reduce the importation of risk by their activities to client operating sites
· Inspect workplaces and provide solutions for creating/improving safe work environment, e.g. guards, protecting and blocking devices and other safeguards from hazardous industrial factors;
· Conduct inspections to ensure safe commissioning and testing activities, safe use of machinery and personal & collective protective equipment;
· Develop measures for preventing occupational illnesses and injuries;
· Support coordinate SIMOPS activities.
· The management of HSE aspects of major projects in the oil and gas industry or related industries, e.g. chemical
· Experience of contract evaluation and management, specifically ongoing contractor performance management.
· Resource management skills to adequately support the current project HSE team to meet the resource requirements of each project stage