We are currently looking for a Group Financial Controller for a 5 month maternity contract.
The ideal candidate will be;
- Chartered accountant with experience in this role in an international group already. Ideally in the contracting space
- Experience with Oracle Fusion and Oracle FCCS
The job holder is responsible for the integrity, accuracy and the timely delivery of the accounts for all the group's operating business units. This role is wide in scope and includes financial reporting (statutory accounts, management accounts, budgets and forecasts), leadership of group financial policies, compliance with relevant anti-corruption and bribery policies and ensuring that the group operates an effective controls environment. The job holder will also be supporting the CFO in analysing and monitoring the performance and trends of the operating business units.
The job holder will report directly to the CFO and will also interact extensively with the Service Line Directors, regional Finance Managers/ Directors, and the Group Head of Tax & Treasury.
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
Accountable for the accuracy and integrity – the “financial hygiene” – of the Group’s accounts, and reporting thereof.
- Keep abreast of changes in IFRS and GAAP, reporting to the CFO on how changes may impact the Group.
- Lead implementation of changes to systems and processes which may be required by changes in accounting standards.
- Ensure entries in the group’s financial system are accurate and timely. Ensure that all ledgers are fully reconciled, and that intercompany invoicing is delivered/ reconciled.
- Ensure monthly financial close and consolidation is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Drive process improvements to reduce time spent on reporting, and perform monthly close earlier.
- Be a key financial partner assisting in contentious decisions around any project accounting.
- Produce monthly management accounts. Where required, reconcile between management and stat numbers.
- Work with regional Finance Managers/ Directors to ensure projects are appropriately accounted for, including:
- That the billing process on projects is timely and is fully compliant with contracts;
- Any costs associated with variations in scope are correctly accounted for supported;
- Effective procedures are in place to collect cash for invoices on a timely basis;
- All retentions are recovered at the earliest opportunity;
- Payroll on a project is being correctly managed with all payments to staff and statutory deductions being correctly accounted and paid; and
- All supplier and third party costs are being accurately captured in a timely manner.
- Detailed review of monthly accounts and feedback & discussions with budget holders on variances/ risks/ trends/ opportunities.
- Overall responsibility for annual audit process, completion and filing of statutory accounts for all entities in line with agreed process and time line.
- Local Statutory Compliance: Full accountability for compliance with all legal, accounting and tax requirements within each jurisdiction in the regions.
- Lead filing of all statutory requirements for non-trading/ dormant entities (eg holding companies) including VAT, payroll and audited statutory accounts.
Assist budget holders in preparation and validation of annual budget and monthly reforecasts.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the annual budgeting process, including defining the process.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the monthly and quarterly forecasting process.
- Responsible for short-term cash flow forecasting process, working with Treasury team to ensure appropriate liquidity around the Group.
Processes and Procedures:
Responsible for the overall management and ownership of the financial procedures in the company as included within the Integrated Management System and for the appropriate updating/ revising of these procedures and policies.
- Local internal compliance: Work with regional Finance Managers/ Directors to ensure compliance with group processes, policies and internal control systems in all offices and projects. Provide necessary guidance and training as required
- Consult, Recommend and Implement new financial and operational procedures as may be required by a desire to continually improve
- Act as senior business advisor to members of the finance team.
- Work with regional Finance Managers/ Directors to provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and training to local Finance Managers and their staff.
Work with regional Finance Managers/ Directors to ensure that all of the local or project finance positions are staffed with suitably qualified personnel