- Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
You will provide process control engineering technical input and task leadership across the following:
- The provision of engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee inspection & quality assurance initiatives for all Process Controls systems, software & equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- The provision of engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate document control and monitor quality assurance initiatives.
- The development of detailed engineering specifications (including sizing calculations) for the procurement of Process Controls systems, software, components and equipment.
- The provision of engineering input for development and maintenance of Process Controls systems & equipment standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts, and contractor selection guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all Critical Safety Circuits (CSS), Safety Integrity Levels (SIL), and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) implementation and revalidation programs.
- Provide engineering support for the troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities for the plant’s DCS, ESD and stand-alone electronic control systems.
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive continuous tuning and calibration program for all Process Controls Systems & equipment.
- Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive APC on the individual IGCC units.
- Together with the Process group develop, implement and maintain the analog and predictive-trip integration control systems.
- Establish & maintain compliance with all company and local regulations.
- Employ appropriate project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for Process Control Systems & equipment, maintenance and repair.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with regional APC, Process Control Systems & equipment suppliers.
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our Process Control Systems.
- Support, mentor, and develop local Process Control Engineers.
- Engineering graduate (BSEE preferred) with >15 years of relevant experience in chemical or electronic engineering.
- Demonstrated “hands-on” experience in designing and maintaining quality assurance on control systems in manufacturing plants.
- Proficiency in programming of Distributed Control Systems, specifically Siemens PCS7, Honeywell Experion will be an advantage.
- Understanding of field instrumentation, gas analyzers, and control valves.
- A fundamental understanding of computer networks is desirable.
- Profound knowledge in the fields of advanced process control, process simulation (static and dynamic models), real-time optimization, model predictive control, digital control signal engineering and artificial intelligence (machine learning and neural networks).
- Solid understanding of fundamentals of chemical process and reaction engineering and thermodynamics.
- Candidates should also possess demonstrated math, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, an ability to think logically and systematically.
- Knowledge & understanding with the principles of: Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Safety Instrumented Function (SIF), Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA, ASME, etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices will be an advantage.
- Emphasis placed on safety, teamwork, and aptitude toward challenging work. Skills related to outage planning, organization and communication are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively throughout all levels within the organization.
- Experience in leading and guiding technical employees and service providers.
Knowledge and understanding of local statutory / regulatory requirements