Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job:
We are looking for a Perth Based Electrical, Instrument & Telecommunications Designer is responsible for contributing to all aspects of Electrical, Instrument & Telecommunications design and to meet the technical competency expectations of clients.
- Performing all work in accordance with the Kent Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management System and within agreed time and schedule constraints
- Production of Electrical, Instrumentation & Telecommunications drawings using 2D/3D CAD packages within agreed budget and schedule constraints
- Participate in brownfield and greenfield projects.
- Update E&I drawing standards.
- To review any design work carried out by third parties (vendors), and to participate in Hazops, Safety and Facility audits.
- Liaise with the other disciplines to ensure all design requirements are addressed.
- Liaise with clients’ engineering, construction and operations personnel to ensure all project requirements have been addressed.
Education and Skills
- Min 5 years experience in a similar role
- Relevant tertiary qualification is preferred.
In areas that cover all EI&T it is acceptable to fulfill these requirements on the instrument, electrical or telecommunications side but not necessarily all.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant industries including oil and gas, and renewables, with most of this in a multidiscipline design environment.
- Significant experience in the development processes employed with the oil and gas industry, with particular experience in identification and screening of development concepts and FEED.
- Sound understanding of oil and gas project economics screening practices.
- Familiar with project execution and regulatory issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable design standards.
- Familiarity with relevant Australian and International standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Full knowledge of AutoCAD/MicroStation.
- Understanding of EI&T interfaces with other disciplines.
- Good knowledge of typical field instrumentation hook-up installation requirements.
- Good knowledge of typical E&I cabling installation requirements.
- Good knowledge of typical switchgear, MCC and distribution board arrangements.
- Good knowledge of typical system panel, marshalling panel and junction box arrangements.
- Good knowledge of telecommunications.
- Knowledge of use of electrical equipment in hazardous areas.
- Full understanding of information required on EI & T design and construction drawings