We are currently looking for a Business Operations Manager based in Houston, Texas. The job holder is responsible for working closely with technical disciplines, project and functional teams under their control to ensure that we are delivering a consistently professional product to our key clients and delivering our safety and revenue targets. The role will be instrumental in the continual improvement required to maintain our competitiveness and professionalism and how we are viewed by our clients and stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the successful development and profitable growth of Kentech in North America.
- Embrace and develop a strong HSE culture within the region by being accountable to the workforce with proactive HSE engagement through regular and intentional Management oversight.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and execute the current business and strategy plan to the approved budget.
- Ensure that the strategy and direction is clearly communicated to projects and operations teams.
- Provide strong, decisive, leadership and guidance so that the direction for the company is clearly understood, communicated and executed.
- Assist Business Development teams with operations support in the development of pursuits for the Americas region.
- Embrace and develop a team culture that is energetic, has a sense of urgency, a positive approach whilst ensuring that it is a positive, balanced, fun working environment.
- Maintain effective communications across the region empowering teams with a strong culture of accountability and trust.
- Assist recruitment teams with hiring of key project personnel.
- Coordinate the technical activities of the Commissioning Centre of Excellence partners, employees and technical applications.
- Gather market intelligence and ensure that the profile of Kentech in North America, the services we offer, our ability to deliver, our track record and our proven capability across the globe are being accurately and effectively conveyed to clients.
- Build relationships with end clients, prime contractors, partners, etc.
- Attendance at key industry conferences and trade events.
- Increase our visibility with clients and potential clients across the industry
- Act as Client point of contact for ongoing operational oversight of new and existing projects
- Identify key projects and opportunities where Kentech can offer its services.
Key activities include:
- Ensure that projects are tracked and updated as per respective IMS procedures.
- Ensure that all pre-qualifications in the region are completed in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure compliant responses are prepared for bidding packages and that these are provided to the estimating team in a timely manner.
- Assist the estimating team on completing and structuring high quality responses that meet the customers’ requirements.
- Develop relationships with key clients and partners to ensure that we have the correct level of visibility, support to successfully complete or projects
- Identify and work with key clients and end clients to assist in increasing Kentech’s profile and visibility within Client organizations. Where appropriate, identify local companies that Kentech can partner with locally to be successful.
- Develop strong relationships with key clients and develop key local partnerships.
- Regular commercial review of the projects with the Project Manager/Director to ensure that forecast costs to completion are accurate and that all variations are being addressed as early as possible.
- Assist the Projects Manager/Director on an as needed basis for commercial and technical support
- Minimum 15 years of relevant projects and operations experience
- Minimum 10 years oil and gas or energy experience
- Preferably, minimum 5 years of international experience